Bum Bum Cream is a Brazilian full body cream that has been taking the world by storm in 2017. The word Bum Bum was inspired by a favorite feature known as the “bum bum” in Brazil (pronounced “boom boom”) and the cream has become a worldwide obsession and cult favorite with beauty product lovers. Bum Bum cream reviews are everywhere (and most are good!), but is it as awesome as they say, or is it just a load of hype? Let’s find out!
- 1 About the brand
- 2 Benefits of Bum Bum Cream
- 3 Ingredients And How They Work
- 4 Here’s What Bum Bum Cream Does NOT Contain
- 5 Who Is This Suitable For?
- 6 How To Use The Cream
- 7 Bum Bum Cream Reviews – What Are Customers Saying?
- 8 What I Like About Bum Bum Cream
- 9 What I Don’t Like
- 10 Final Verdict – Is It Worth It?
- 11 Where To Buy Bum Bum Cream
About the brand
Sol de Janeiro is a skin and body care provider’s line with one main aim; to capture the vibrant, beautiful and sensual Brazilian culture. Founded by skin care experts, it is a USA-based Company that produces nourishing products using natural, rich ingredients indigenous to the Amazon rainforest.
Bum Bum Cream, enriched with Guarana, a plant from the Amazon with fruits that contain essential potent forms of caffeine, is said to be the secret to beautiful skin. Guarana together with Cupuacu Butter, coconut oil, and Acai helps stimulate blood circulation and the cream is known for its ability to tighten and smooth skin, both on the buttocks and all over the body.
Benefits of Bum Bum Cream
- Bum Bum Cream tightens and firms the skin. The product is formulated with potent Guarana – this native Amazonian plant contains caffeine that is five times that of coffee, and works to stimulate circulation, beat cellulite and smooth the skin.
- Softens and nourishes – Cupuacu Butter is a rich, soft and nourishing emollient which protects and moisturizes the skin leaving it hydrated and conditioned. Coconut Oil maintains and softens your skin leaving it super smooth and silky.
- Mica (fine shimmering particles) provides your skin tone with a beautiful instant Brazilian glow.
- Bum Bum Cream has Acai, an antioxident super fruit that helps to keep the skin young and elastic.
Ingredients And How They Work
The main ingredients found in the Brazilian Bum Bum Cream are:
- Guarana: It contains caffeine five times more potent normal coffee! This has essential properties that helps to boost and maintain circulation (reduces cellulite and smooths the skin).
- Acai: This is a powerful antioxidant which helps to keep skin young and healthy.
- Cupuacu Butter: This is packed full of Phytosterols, fatty-acids, and Polyphenols; essential minerals that help the skin lock in the moisture and enables the skin to restore its elasticity. Cupuacu also plays a big role when it comes to maintaining the skins hydration and youthfulness.
- Coconut Oil: This natural oil is one of the most widely used oils in skin care today. Coconut oil melts and absorbs easily into the skin and it softens, moisturizes and conditions the skin.
- Brazil Nuts: They grow along the Amazon banks, in Tapajos, and Negro Rivers. These seeds speed up the cell regeneration process thus helping maintain skins elasticity and firmness. It is nowadays recognized because of its high concentration of some minerals i.e. selenium which can protect cells from damage.
- Guayusa: A native leaf in the Amazon, packed with antioxidants and caffeine. It contains a synergistic mix of minerals, vitamins and over fifteen important blocks of amino acids.
Here’s What Bum Bum Cream Does NOT Contain
Bum Bum Cream is a product formulated with NO animal by products, synthetic colors, parabens, petrolatum, or phthalates etc.
It only uses safe, natural ingredients. Research them for yourself and you’ll see that there are no ingredients that could cause allergies or irritation.
Who Is This Suitable For?
People with all types of skin – oily, sensitive, normal, dry, or combination. Anyone can use it and see the benefits.
If you want to improve your skin and make it the best it can be, you need to use a rich, natural moisturiser that will smooth, tighten and hydrate – Bum Bum cream does exactly that!
How To Use The Cream
Normally you are advised to massage in a circular motion clockwise to warm the skin (improved circulation = better absorption). Start from your butt moving to your tummy, legs and finally your arms.
The cream goes on easily thanks to the extremely lightweight texture of the lotion. The Brazilian Bum Bum cream sinks instantly into the skin leaving it soft, hydrated, supple and glowing. Your skin won’t have any greasy or sticky residue after application like it would with some body creams.
The cream can be applied to any area of the body (except the face) that needs a boost in hydration.
Bum Bum Cream Reviews – What Are Customers Saying?
Customer opinions are all pretty similar when it comes to this product, and the vast majority are very positive! The following are some excerpts from Bum Bum cream reviews (verified customer reviews). You can check some reviews in full here:
“Amazing. The smell of the bum bum cream is amazing – I’ll buy it again and again”. Bea
“Intoxicating. There are no words to describe this pot of bum bum heaven.” Loops
“Wow… I saw Jamie Genevieve talk about this in Youtube and I know she won’t lie to you. She was not wrong, it smells amazing. My skin feels soft I’ll definitely purchase another.” Samantha
“Ordered the large one when I saw it being advertised on Youtube at Cult Beauty, the smell is so amazing and you don’t need perfume anymore – it has really been great for my skin to keep it hydrated” Vanessa
“Love it so much. The cream makes my skin so soft and during winter I apply it all the time. Leaves a beautiful shimmer on your skin so I use it all over. My bum is looking so much better and firmer” Alice
What I Like About Bum Bum Cream
- Smells REALLY good – nearly everyone loves the scent (and it lasts nearly all day!). It’s like getting a cream and a perfume all in one.
- Suitable for all skin types – even sensitive skin. The ingredients are totally natural and non chemical based.
- Adds a beautiful glowy sheen to your skin. Most people use it all over and not just on their “bum bum”. Looks fab on the decolletage and upper arms (it has tiny glittery sparkles in it).
- Makes the skin soft, hydrated and supple
- Tightens and firms the butt making it look the best its ever been. Don’t worry about surgery – just make the most of what you’ve got naturally!
What I Don’t Like
- Although there are plenty of customer reviews to prove that the product does work, there is little scientific research on the ingredients and their efficacy.
- The cream has a tightening and lifting effect, but doesn’t actually increase the size of the buttocks. If you’re looking for more volume you might want to try something like Isosensuals or Gluteboost.
- Some people might find the scent a bit overpowering if they don’t like strong scents. Also the glittery shimmer effect might not be for everyone. You can’t please everyone all of the time!
Final Verdict – Is It Worth It?
In conclusion, after reading numerous Bum Bum cream reviews its easy to see why the cream has gained so much popularity – it works! The product is safe, natural and has no side effects nor does it trigger any allergies. It’s not going to make your “bum bum” bigger and Kardashian-esque (that’s not what its designed to do) – other products like Gluteboost take care of that. However, if you want tighter, silky smooth skin and a luxurious experience every time you apply it, then its definitely worth a try.
The moisturizer absorbs so quickly, there’s no stickiness, it smells divine (the scent lasts all day!) and a little goes a long way. It’s a fab product, but don’t expect miracles. It does help with cellulite and tightens up the skin somewhat, but depending on what your butt looked like beforehand you should have realistic expectations about what it can achieve!
Don’t just use it on your bum bum though – you can use it all over. Lots of women love the youthful, glowy look they get applying it to upper arms, chest, abdomen and legs. Try it once and you’ll almost certainly be back for more!
Where To Buy Bum Bum Cream
Available to purchase at Sephora stores in the US. In the UK it can be purchased at Harrods, Selfridges and Liberty London. Or buy online with fast, free shipping at Amazon.com (check out the Bum Bum cream reviews there to see what customers are saying!)